Thursday, June 28, 2018

Hi from Robbie F!

Hello everyone, my name is Robert F. This is my first year on a YNIA trip and it has already been an incredible learning experience for me. I am helping out at an organization called House of Hope which is in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The House of Hope is a group that helps women from the age of 18-21 that either are pregnant or have a child. Those 13 families there show a great amount of hope and positivity even though they have no support from anyone in their family, they are homeless, and jobless also. Being around these 13 families have changed my life and it’s a lesson I will carry with me forever, that lesson is to never give up even though it may seem as if the whole world is against you.
            At the House of Hope, we have helped the 13 families with daily chores and other takes that could take them a week or a few weeks even. Today I helped fix two peoples beds and I don’t think there is any better reward knowing that you helped someone with something that may seem as a big task for them but was an easy task for us. My group also did some gardening for a new building the House of Hope purchased that will fit around 15-20 new families.

            This trip, in general, has been astounding. I have bonded with my YNIA group so much and I had the chance to meet and bond with a YNIA group from Indiana. In the end this trip has taught me so many lessons that I will carry with myself forever.

1 comment:

  1. Great work Robbie and all YNIA missionaries! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete