Monday, June 25, 2018

Hi from Maggie!


Hi everybody, I’m Maggie, and this is my very first YNIA trip. For my site, I’m working at the St. Vincent de Paul store and warehouse, which is one of the largest in America. Even though this is only my first day working, I can’t believe how much we completed already. Our job in the morning was to sort hats, gloves, and scarves and price them according to the guidelines we were given. The other employees would put these into the store to be sold. In the afternoon, our job was to organize clothes by category and size and put them on racks to be sold in the store. Though the work often seemed monotonous, we knew that we were serving others, even if it was indirectly. Everybody that we met was so cheerful and kind, and I could tell that they loved the work that they were doing. I’m glad that we all got to work together to serve God and other people.

-Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment